Lark Doley, DTM International President
Formerly Homeless Veteran Succeeds Through Accountability
Eight years ago, Joel Dawson, DTM, was feeling so low that he weighed ending his life. A former United States Marine, he was living in a shelter for homeless veterans in Houma, Louisiana. He felt he had no control over his circumstances. “I couldn’t believe what had happened to me—I didn’t know how I’d gotten there,” he recalls. Shortly after that dark moment alone on a highway overpass, he had an epiphany about accountability. Dawson came to see that he alone controlled his life. Determined not to be a victim of his circumstances, he took responsibility for his future and built a life he wanted to live. “I’d always tried to do what others told me to do, but I realized I could live my life as I wanted.” More…
GREAT LEADERS ARE AWESOME COMMUNICATORS
If you happen to be a Millennial, you’re a member of the most educated generation ever! A whopping one million of you enter the workforce each year, a new report by ATD shows.
But sadly, many of you lack the personal skills to work with other people or secure the jobs you want. And strong communication and leadership abilities are among the most sought after skills employers desire.
How does Toastmasters help you get these skills?
- By providing you the ability to better communicate with other people.
- By teaching you how to sell a business as a game changer in its industry and community.
- By presenting you opportunities to speak to mass audiences instead of to just a few people.
- By helping you prove how your employer can assist new and existing clients to grow their business.
- By showing you how to master public speaking skills and gain a competitive edge over peers.
- By offering public speaking as a vital skill for you to succeed in your career and personal life.
Find the Right Leadership Training program
A leadership program opens you up to the entire business world, which is quite diverse. You’ll be learning the kind of skills that truly work. More..
Develop Your Leadership skills step-by-step
You must be able to inspire others, identify and resolve issues before they balloon into major disasters, and guide the organizations you head to success. More..
DISTRICT 40 IS GROWING
IMAGINE BEING IN CONTROL OF A COMPANY WITH A BUILDING TOWERING 800 FEET ABOVE THE CITY!
Envision yourself in a black swivel chair running a multi-billion dollar business. YOU are the CEO thousands of employees rely on for leadership. The sense of power is astonishing!
This incredible success came from using tools you learned from Toastmasters. Your skills position your venture to experience steady future growth and practice social responsibility.